I run Qigong and Tai Chi workshops in primary, middle and secondary schools, and at Sixth Form Colleges. I have no doubts as to the benefits involved for children of all ages and am amazed at the way in which children respond to the workshops.
As a former school teacher I’ve witnessed the high demands and stress which students are exposed to in the build-up to exams. I feel my combination of skills enables me to deliver effective sessions both to focus students’ minds and alleviate their stress.
Qigong at schools can be part of different aspects of the curriculum and with this in mind I have created a number of options to suit different needs:
- a one off as part of a cross-curricular activity on a relevant theme
- part of an activities week
- a series of 4 to 6 workshops to help students deal better with pre-exam stress and to face this difficult stage in a calm and confident way.
- a bespoke programme to suit your needs
- to improve well-being
- to promote self-confidence
- learn how to relax
- to keep good levels of energy
- to learn and develop exercises based on breathing techniques, Qigong and Tai Chi principles
- to focus the mind, leading to improve academic performance
- posture alignment
- stretching exercises
- moving and still Qigong
- breathing exercises
- advice on how to incorporate daily practice in our everyday lives.
Depending on the time of the year and weather permitting, the sessions can be held outdoors or inside in the school hall. Students should wear loose, comfortable clothing with no requirement for additional equipment – just a keen attitude and an open mind.